Search Engine Optimization or SEO for short is a part of digital marketing and it is the process of optimizing your website to rank higher on the search engine results page, thereby increasing the amount of organic(or free) traffic to your your website.
This optimization is done organically, that is unpaid, you don't have to pay for it separating it (Search Engine Optimization) from Search Engine Marketing
It is important to know that SEO is a long-term strategy, meaning getting on the first page of Google search results page among others takes time, it's not a day achievement but a gradual one. With everything planned and carried out properly you should be in good position within a year. And note we are not promising number one ranking. In contrast, paid media like Google will give you first hand visibility with the keywords in place.
You might still be wondering, why is this SEO so important, well lots of importance were briefly outline earlier but let go a little deeper.
- More than 65% of search users are more likely to click on one of the first top 5 results on the search results page or SERPs. So it's wise to take advantage of this to increase our website traffic and ultimately gain new customers
- Users are more likely to trust search results in the first top 5, in turn increase your website and business credibility, because Google for instance make sure they are providing the best results that actually solve problems for their users.
- It provide good social promotion, when people search on Google for example and they find your website with the right information they are looking for, they are more likely to promote it on their social media platforms
- Also proper SEO can you give you advantage over your competitions with more customers and more sales.
- It's important to know that SEO is not all about search engines, it's also about user experience, and good SEO practice improves the user experience and usability of a website.
Optimizing your website for search engines give you advantage over non-optimized ones and also increase your chance of ranking higher
As SEO is not a static process, there are different types or approach to SEO to generate a qualified and quality traffic to your website.
This type of SEO focuses on all the contents that exists "on the website page" when it's loaded and your looking at it. This helps search engines understand your website and its content, as well as identify whether it is relevant to a searcher's query.
This type focuses on all of the activity that takes place "off the website page" when looking to optimize your website, that is, an activity that happens away from your website to raise site's ranking e.g backlink.
This type focused on the backend of your website, and how your pages are coded. Accroding to Yoast, "Making a website faster, easier to crawl and understandable for search engines are the pillars of technical optimization"
We focus on Search Engine Optimization for small to large businesses. Our process of optimizing websites for search engine results has been carefully crafted and refined over the past years, enabling us to provide outstanding service to our clients.